11 Tips to Choosing the Right PLM Software
To gain a competitive edge, enterprises improve their product and streamline their operations. To do this effectively, they need the right tools that can help support these changes. Implementing a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution can simplify and shorten each phase of the product development process, foster innovation, and improve collaboration with suppliers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
With several PLM systems in the marketplace, selecting the right one that fits your requirements and works within your budget is important. The selection will also be influenced by what the company will do for the next 5-10 years.
Here are 11 tips, to make better decisions when selecting PLM software solutions, to improve product development and engineering performance.
- Define the PLM strategy. Determine what you want from a new or expanded PLM system. What should it accomplish for your organization now and in the future
- Organize the evaluation process based on strong plan with a cross functional team
- Select the PLM system that meets both management and technical requirement
- Check the ability to integrate with multiple enterprise applications like ERP, CAD, etc.
- Determine service requirements based on three criteria –implementation, adoption, and support
- Identify customization and documentation requirements and select the tool based on long-term and short-term requirements
- Check for usability. The system should be intuitive, user-friendly and easy to use and learn
- Determine functional requirements i.e. compliance management, integration with specific systems, and their level of support
- Assess what the new system should include and what it should cost. Do a detailed evaluation based on its relevancy for your organization? Take advice from experts to ratify your decision
- Select an experienced vendor partner. Look beyond software capabilities and evaluate how the vendor works with their customers, their track record, financial position, and standing in the market.
- Connect with other PLM customers who have experience with specific tools and implementation partners
PROLIM – Experts in Implementing PLM Successfully
PROLIM is a leading provider of end-to-end IT, PLM and Engineering Services and Solutions for Global 1000 companies. We are associated with leading PLM software and technology providers and have immense knowledge and expertise in Teamcenter Unified, Teamcenter Rapid Start, Windchill, Enovia, and Infor PLM systems.
The experts at PROLIM specialize in helping you find solutions that fit your requirements and align with your business needs and strategic objectives.
Interested in making us your partner? We’d love to hear from you, contact us.