Effective & efficient bill of material (BOM) software is a key driver for continuous product success and to stay ahead of the competition. Customers often spend a significant amount of time reconciling BOMs across various home-grown applications, spreadsheets, and the like which are usually disconnected. Unfortunately, this extra labor typically leads to inconsistent data and significant time spent reconciling information across different applications and data sources, the proliferation of parts (as opposed to reusing parts), and constant churn.
Extending BOM Software and the Drive to Digital
With the drive towards digitalization, and the expansion of BOM management beyond traditional mechanical parts to electrical and software, it is increasingly important for organizations to manage and maintain full traceability and reuse of a true multi-domain BOM across the globe with a single, secure source of BOM data through all the product development lifecycle phases from concept to production to a digital twin.
Teamcenter Active Workspace now delivers a rich set of advanced features for authoring, navigating, and configuration with integration to change management and CAD/CAE applications. You’re digitally connecting all the key stakeholders in your organization, from Design Engineering to Manufacturing Engineering as well as suppliers, for real-time collaboration. This enables efficient BOM software management across all your cross-functional teams in all major industries such as Automotive & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Shipbuilding, Semi-conductor, Retail, and more. With an extensible platform, you can further tailor the application to meet the most critical business and industry-specific needs.
Building on what we delivered in earlier releases, Structure Management in Active Workspace has never been more robust, scalable, and complete. In addition to delivering a slew of advanced features, we have focused on performance and enhancing the user experience to optimize and increase user productivity by keeping it simple and yet intuitive for all your core viewing, organizing, navigation, configuration, and authoring needs of BOM management.
We have ensured that you have the right tools and solutions to enable real-time collaboration across your cross-functional teams working on a single master Bill of Materials delivering high-performance 3D visualization and split views to compare different configurations, units, or points in time to understand the differences and reconcile the changes in the context of a formal Change Notice maintaining full traceability and ability to view before & after changes in an easy to understand redline view.
Here are some of the key highlights to enable your users to realize the full potential of BOM software Management in Teamcenter Active Workspace:
- Full-featured BOM Authoring and Configuration with Fast Search-and-Filter to find the right data in a matter of seconds regardless of the size of the BOM
- Personalize your BOM Views by your group or role in the organization to see only the relevant properties in the BOM
- Understand the status of your BOM with a simple glance or hover over smart visual indicators to get a quick preview
- Flexible layouts to view two versions or two configurations of BOM to compare or perform alignment if you’re working with Part/CAD separation
- Real-time collaboration with Visual BOM Markups that takes the guesswork out from the review process and reduces the time with the ability to auto-incorporate proposals into physical changes
- With an extensible framework for BOM, you can tailor the core capabilities to meet your unique business requirements
In summary, Teamcenter Active Workspace delivers comprehensive BOM software solutions from basic to advanced features that will improve your organization’s efficiencies to effectively manage & transform your Bill of Materials to model-based management maintaining full traceability across all your cross-functional teams and in the overall value chain.
Stay tuned for additional details on Weights & Balance management in Active Workspace and other exciting BOM solutions that we are working on in the upcoming releases.