The example below shows how to convert a Metric part file to Inches in NX. The process to convert an Inch file to Metric is the same, with one exception noted in step 3.
1. Close the part you want to convert:
2. Go to Start>All Programs>Siemens NX?? Folder>NX Tools and select the “Command Prompt”:
3. In the command prompt type: ug_convert_part-in and then drag the part into the Command Prompt window and press enter: (note: replace -in with -mm to convert to metric)
4. You will see the report in the Command Prompt window:
5. Open the part and verify that the Units have changed: