This is a How To on creating a chamfer in CAMWorks on the outer perimeter of a part.
1. Create a “New Part Perimeter Feature”
2. Select “Boss” option:
3. Generate operation plan to get contour mill operation:
4. In contour mill operation (Tool Tab) change the tool to a Flat End Taper cutter to represent your chamfer mill:
5. In the Contour Mill operation (Contour Tab) toggle on “Chamfer Machining”:
6. Set the “Length” and “Clearance” values:
7. Generate operation and notice this produces a single tool path around the chamfer shape:
8. In the Contour Mill operation (Contour Tab) Side parameters “Settings” set the “cut amt” and “Prev. allowance” to achieve multiple rough cuts:.