Enabling effective collaboration is critical for increasing productivity and delivering a robust design. With modern computer-aided design (CAD) tools and intelligent software, designers are able to synchronize their data more efficiently and collaborate between domains more effectively on critical items, thereby ensuring the design intent is properly implemented.
Improving Electromechanical Design Collaboration
Today’s demanding customers expect more “intelligence” and functionality in their products, regardless of the industry. Because of this, the use of electronics in traditional mechanical devices is increasing at an unprecedented rate, and all of these electrical signals must be physically connected throughout devices.
- Unconnected domains lead to challenges
- Impediments to ECAD-MCAD collaboration
- A typical intelligent design workflow
- A new approach to ECAD-MCAD collaboration
- Adding intelligence to the electromechanical design process