The value of PLM and ERP increases when they are connected and digital end-to-end enterprise processes are enabled. One of the most important vendors of ERP systems is SAP. S/4HANA is SAP’s next-generation ERP business suite. Teamcenter Gateway for SAP S/4HANA facilitates integration between Teamcenter and “SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition” version 1610 and higher.
Integration of Teamcenter with SAP S/4HANA
This solution integrates the product creation and manufacturing planning processes managed in Teamcenter with product information and other enterprise processes controlled by SAP S/4HANA in an intuitive and highly flexible way. In addition, the users can access all relevant data without having to leave the familiar work environment (Teamcenter) regardless of where the data resides. Processes become transparent to users as engineering changes or release workflows are no longer confined by system boundaries. Processes can start and end in Teamcenter or SAP S/4HANA,
The integration is based on ready-made integration solutions for materials, bill-of-materials (BOM), routings, documents, project planning, product configuration, business partners, and many other types of data. In addition, it is flexible to be configured to the customer specific use cases and data models.
Summarizing this type of integration solution the keys are:
- Data integration functionalities, including bi-directional data transfer and data synchronization using job management tools.
- Process integrations are driven by Teamcenter or SAP workflows, supporting end-to-end release and change processes.
- Data federation, enabling Teamcenter users to query and view live data from SAP S/4HANA.
- Flexible configuration reflecting business processes and data models, and.
- Extensibility to integrate other enterprise applications like manufacturing execution systems (MES).
Stay tuned to learn more about Teamcenter-X by Siemens Digital Industries Software.