Edge2Web Director is a visual development tool for building complex Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications quickly. Its visual interface allows users to create professional IIoT applications with minimal coding in a considerate amount of time. At PROLIM we implemented Asset monitoring and management project in AWS for Windmill farms. We were able to very easily and quickly re-create the same in Siemens MindSphere using Edge2Web director.
The goal was to create a complete Asset monitoring and management application using Mindsphere and Edge2Web Director. The main page of the application displays all the windmill farms that are being monitored. Along with the geolocation it shows power efficiency, total energy and energy consumption of each farm. This data is populated by a server-side flow which gets data from MindSphere Time Series database.
When the user drills down into a specific farm, he will be able to view the geolocation of all the windmills in that farm. User can view the status, power efficiency and total energy of every windmill and a link to its dashboard.
- Variety of Visualization options provided by Edge2Web for building dashboards
- Edge2Web flows used for transformation and aggregation of time series data from MindSphere
- Use of Flow Server to transfer workload to the server to run in the background and avoid heavy load on the client
- Use of Hierarchical data model in MindSphere to represent Windmill Farms and individual windmills
- Easy integration of Edge2Web with MindSphere Assets and its related data