Solid Edge ST8 Maintenance Pack 1 is now available for download.
Installer (MSI) Maintenance Packs:
Beginning with Solid Edge ST8, Maintenance Packs are delivered as and installed using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Solid Edge MSI based Maintenance Packs are installed and tracked as Product Updates.
- MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
- MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
- MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please note that there have been cases where the Disk Space Computation takes several minutes to complete. Please be patient.
- MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
- Uninstalling a MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
PLEASE NOTE: When uninstalling a MSI Product Update, the original source media and the previous Product Update package, if any, must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation. After the current Update is uninstalled, the previous Update will become the current Update, if there were multiple Updates installed.
MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel
(Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).The prolim PLM Technical Support Team is available to answer any questions and provide support for all of your needs including Maintenance packs. You can contact the Technical Support Team via email at email@example.com.