Software: Solid Edge ST9
Maintenance Packs are available up to 15 months following the release date of the English version. The release date for Solid Edge ST9 English was mid-July 2016, making the Maintenance Pack cutoff date mid-September 2017.
- MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
- MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
- MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please note that there have been cases where the Disk Space Computation takes several minutes to complete. Please be patient.
- MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
- Uninstalling a MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
- PLEASE NOTE: When uninstalling a MSI Product Update, the original source media and the previous Product Update package, if any, must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
- The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation. After the current Update is uninstalled, the previous Update will become the current Update, if there were multiple Updates installed.
- MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program > View installed updates -> Uninstall).
Silent MSI MP Install:
Solid_Edge_MSI_MP1.exe /s /v”/qn /L*v %TEMP%mysilentupdate.log”
“/s” is an InstallShield switch that makes the InstallShield EXE run silent.
“/v” is an InstallShield switch that passes the string following it in quotes to the wrapped MSI
“/qn” The “q” sets the UI level of the MSI and the”n” is it’s option for “No UI”
Be careful attempting to output a log file as MSI will not create directories if they don’t exist. So, if you want to create a log file set your path to a directory that exits or to “%TEMP%mysilentupdate.log” as “%TEMP%” is an environment variable which translates into “c:usersyourusernamelocalappdatatemp”