A leader in low code enterprise development. Mendix allows you to accelerate innovation and business agility by allowing you to build web apps and native mobile apps easily and quickly with minimal coding.
Mendix is the low code platform
Mendix is a low code platform for software development. The platform is designed to accelerate enterprise application development and deployment. It provides tools to build, test, deploy, and iterate applications. The Mendix application platform is based on visual, model-driven software development. The platform offers both no code (business domain experts) and low code (professional technical developers)
Low code platform features
Allows to sync and control the app development process between business developers using the Mendix Studio and professional developers using the Mendix Studio Pro, each using a visual, model-driven development tool tailored for them. All your application models are automatically shared bi-directionally between Mendix Studio and Mendix Studio Pro.
- Mendix Studio (Web): Provides a frictionless entry point into application development. Business developers can actively participate in the app development process, utilizing a browser-based development environment tailored for them. This simple-to-use, WYSIWYG (What you see is what you Get) environment enables non-technical domain experts to ideate and iterate rapidly.
- Mendix Studio Pro: Add complex logic and build sophisticated integrations to create enterprise-grade, transactional web and mobile applications. It includes all the capabilities required for software development, including the ability to add custom code when needed.
Your entire extended team, from business stakeholders to professional developers, collaborates through an intuitive and easy web portal, which includes Buzz: your company and app-specific social media feed for cross-functional communication and visibility.
- Team Development: Empower a diverse array of participants to develop applications without creating risk or technical debt. Utilize version control to automatically reconcile the work of multiple teams into a single, unified revision, tied back to user stories.
- Feedback Management: Utilize feedback across the entire app journey to continuously iterate in-process applications, consulting domain experts and professional developers, alike. Post-deployment capture feedback from users not directly participating in application development and turn it into actionable user stories to drive your next development sprint.
Mendix applications run on the platform’s cloud-native stateless runtime architecture that conforms to Twelve-Factor App principles with support for modern cloud platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry. As a result, Mendix apps benefit from auto-scaling, auto-provisioning, auto-healing, low infrastructure overhead, CI/CD, and cloud interoperability out of the box.
Applications run on a variety of deployment options, including public cloud, virtual private cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, and traditional (virtual) servers.
Mendix supports all the major cloud providers:
- IBM Cloud
- SAP Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Google Cloud Platform
In addition, the platform offers formal partnerships with IBM, SAP, Microsoft, and AWS.
Logic and Custom Code
Application logic is created in Mendix in the form of nanoflows and microflows. These are visual ways of expressing what traditionally ends up in functions or methods of programming code. In other words, microflows and nanoflows allow you to easily and visually add complex business logic to the processes in your application without having to write code.
The Mendix App Platform ensures that small, multi-functional teams build and deploy complex business applications faster than ever. This platform allows you to integrate with any system or cloud and ensures continuous delivery with built-in CI/CD automation. Mendix provides tools to support the entire application lifecycle starting with business requirements to building user stories and automated testing and deployment.
Get the latest tips, software updates and promos.