The ability to completely trace and manage design requirements from specification through implementation and verification is simply “good project management”. A requirements-driven design flow, while allowing project teams to focus on their implementation and verification work facilitates maximum efficiency. It is only when functionality and verification results fully meet the requirements, that a project is complete and the project team can confidently put the product into production. Methodology-based requirement tracing is beneficial to all projects but especially needed in safety-critical applications and mandatory for DO-254 and ISO 26262 certification, where product failure could result in injuries or fatalities. The relevant EDA tool links manage and track requirements from multiple sources throughout the design process. It also provides automated documentation and reports at any stage and manages the impact of requirement changes, resulting in better control and predictability of design schedules and improved overall product quality.
Tool that will be covered:
- Trace requirements throughout the design process.
- Assess and manage the impact of requirement changes.
- Link all project documents with design, verification, and implementation tools.
- Communicate through visualization and intuitive, automated status reports.
- Integrates with Mentor native environments for HDL development, verification, and synthesis.
- Safety-critical design means “the design requirements exactly match the verified implementation”.
Who Should Attend?
- Project Leads
- Design & Verification Engineers
Post the session, participants will be able to:
- Improve overall project quality with automated requirement coverage analysis across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Process improvements and best practices.
- Adapt methodology-based requirement tracing.
More than seven years of experience in technical support of EDA tools while consulting the clients, understanding their requirements, and suggesting solutions in line with their requirements, explaining the capabilities of our software and demonstrating its usefulness towards their design goal. Knowledge of sales & marketing cycle of research and engineering product and FAE’s role in this cycle for maintaining the product relevance in the departments, which procure the EDA tools.