Organizations need to retire and replace legacy systems with state-of-the-art systems, to stay relevant and deliver a competitive product.
Organizations need to retire and replace legacy systems with state-of-the-art systems, to stay relevant and deliver a competitive product. Teamcenter is one of the broadest PLM solution offerings in the industry.
Teamcenter product lifecycle management (PLM) software helps deliver products to market faster by maximizing productivity and streamlining global operations. It powers innovation and brings business management capabilities online faster. Businesses using legacy Teamcenter Enterprise today are migrating to Teamcenter Unified.
Benefits of migrating to Teamcenter Unified
The Teamcenter unified architecture offers the end-to-end solution for managing all your product data without the need for expensive custom integrations. You can increase the usage of Teamcenter Unified functionalities by deploying more module like SRM, TCRA, MRO, etc.
Teamcenter Unified is built on the latest IT technology with a unified SOA. All modules share a common data model and database. Information entered or modified in one of the modules is immediately updated in all the other modules.
- Gain greater productivity for the organization with the next generation, process knowledge and a single source of product
- Develop products faster, and at a lower cost of ownership
- Get enhanced user experience
- Reduce costly customization and costly recalls
- Mitigate risk by understanding product requirements
- Achieve on-time delivery to the right market
- Reduce complexity by eliminating the need for multiple BOM systems
- Minimize implementation costs
- Automate and manage supplier chain at granular level
- Flexible transition strategies, tools, best practices and experience
Why PROLIM for Data Migration?
PROLIM is your go-to partner to meet your complex PLM migration from Teamcenter Enterprise to Teamcenter Unified.
Using PROLIM’s cloud-based Data Migration Platform, Diaspora, as a solution, you can take care of all your data migration needs. Diaspora is designed and built to enable migration that ensures seamless integration of multiple constituents, without any data leaks.
PROLIMs Migration Approach
- System Exploration – Planning, initial analysis and understanding of the systems
- Data Extraction and Assessment – Assess the structural validation of files and profiling data and then load them into the staging area. Data is loaded in phases and is sliced to profile the source data which will be done by the data analyzer (DAN)
- Profiling Part IDs – Prepare a master List of Items eligible for migration. Profiling helps identify defects and inconsistencies in data at the table and column level. It ensures compliance as per the requirements of the target system. Data profiling reduces the risks of project overruns, delays, and failures
- Tolerance Check – Manually check for the tolerance limit, or define the tolerance factor in the system to check and continue automatically
- Transformation – Define the technical architecture and design of the migration processes. The process of transforming data is done as per field mapping, re-usability mapping, BOM mapping, LoV mappings and default values
- Fallout Process– Once you capture the fallout, you can fix the issue and resubmit the data for migration in next run
- Testing – Run unit tests regularly. This helps to immediately highlight any issues that arise. System Test successful completion. Functional Test cases are available for seeing the data flow through the entire system through the user interface of the TCUA system
Diaspora helps solve business problems across domains and verticals, creating an eco-system that enables blending and convergence. Being tool agnostic in nature, Diaspora ensures the customer’s existing investments are maximized.