For ease-of-use, let’s recap the steps to using Multiple Display Parts:
- Open your assembly drawing.
- Right-click on your top-level assembly.
- Click “Open in Window.” This will open up a second tab with a new open part.
- Switch between environments (drafting and modeling) by clicking on the window you want to work in.
- Undock tabs by pulling them off the bar.
- You can redock the windows however you want—left-to-right, top-to-bottom—and crop windows to see more or less.
Need to use more than just two windows? You can open up as many as you need for the assembly you’re working on. Depending on how many windows you currently have open, you can use the “Window Layout” feature (under the “Window” bar at the top) to choose a pre-configured arrangement on your screen.
Looking for more NX 12 features? Check out our Lunchbyte on what’s new in NX! Stay tuned to our blog for future posts on specific NX 12 features, plus video tutorials.
Want to see a video about a specific functionality in NX CAD, NX CAM, Solid Edge or Teamcenter? Send us a Tweet at @prolimglobal or leave a comment below!