NX Tip of the Week – March 20, 2015
Today I will explain how to create ordinate dimensions within NX Modeling. I will also show how to reuse the dimensions in Drafting.
Ordinate Dimensioning in Modeling Application –
Result in Drafting Environment –
- To get started, make sure the PMI option is turned ON. By default, it is turned OFF
- Set the Model View to Work:
- Under the PMI Ordinate Dimension command, pick Single or Multiple Dimension.
- With Single Dimension, use Select Origin where you pick any point. This is going to be the origin of the ordinate dimension.
- I have selected the single dimension option to help pick one hole at a time:
- Start by picking the center of the holes and place them one at a time:
- Now let’s look at the Multiple Selection option. With Multiple Dimension, I can pick all the holes at once.
- Change the option to Multiple Dimension and pick the origin:
- Set the Baseline option:
- Before I start selecting the holes, the margins need to be defined. Click on the Define Margins command:
- Here are the options I selected for this example:
- Select the bottom left corner point as the origin:
- Follow the same procedure to get a horizontal margin:
- Baseline option step:
- Select all the holes by clicking on the center point of the circular edge.
- Save the Model file.
- Switch to the Drafting application and place the top model view on the sheet:
- After placing the view, go to View Settings:
- Make sure to change the settings to From Model View, click Apply: