In this week’s PROLIM PLM Tip of the Week, we will take a look at using Extend Sheet command in NX 10.
1) In Modeling on the Surface Tab in the Surface Operations Group, click Extend Sheet (also in Shape Studio):
2) Here are the surfaces that we are going to extend:
3) Here is the command dialog for Extend Sheet:
4) You can extend the sheet two different ways under Limit:
a. Offset – uses a value for an offset value to extend/shorten the sheet.
i. In the example below I selected both vertical edges of the green surface to offset/extend:
b. Until Selected – uses a face to extend to.
i. In the example below, I selected the right edge of the yellow surface and selected the face of the green surface to extend to:
5) There are also other options to investigate under the settings group.
a. Surface Extension Shape
i. Natural Curvature:
ii. Natural Tangent:
b. Edge Extension Shape
c. Body Output
i. Extend Original Sheet:
ii. Extend as New Face:
iii. Extend as New Sheet:
In this PROLIM PLM Tip of the Week, we took a look at using Extend Sheet to extend surfaces. I encourage you to create a simple example like the screen shot above and try the different options outlined above.