In today’s global market, to sustain and remain competitive, agility and speed-to-market are critical for manufacturing companies. Optimizing the engineering workflow planning is an important stage in product development today. Complex products contain hundreds or thousands of parts, and managing, controlling and sharing product data is a challenge. You can simplify the complexity in product development by analyzing and improving complex design workflows and fragmenting the design process into smaller activities.
It is important to streamline and automate product-related processes to manage the product information from the design stage to production. It has to be right from basic searching and revision control to transmittals, and engineering change management. This is necessary because of:
- Customization – Companies are grappling with uncertainty and rapidly changing customer preferences. Customizing products and services is critical to deliver true customer value and achieve competitive advantage.
- Globalization – With businesses going global there is an increase in competition. To meet the growing demand and stay ahead of competition businesses need shorter development cycles, cost efficiency, and rapid innovation
- Product Complexity – In today’s volatile business environment consumers are demanding more product features, more capabilities at lower cost that only innovation and adaptation of technology can address.
- Regulatory Compliance Oversight – Growth in regulatory compliance with environmental, product safety, medical device other processes and standards on a global balance. To have instant access to relevant content manufacturers need to centralize compliance information and documentation
These market trends are driving the need for better control of change and product configurations. With an efficient change and configuration management process manufacturers can:
- Reduce costs
- Reduce reworks
- Improve product quality
- Increase design re-use
- Offer an audit trail
- Innovate continuously
Automate Workflow and Engineering Change Process with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
With consumers demanding more product features and more capabilities at lower cost; businesses are hard-pressed to manage these increasingly complex products. Product Lifecycle Management solution from PROLIM addresses the complexities in the entire product lifecycle rather than just the product data.
PROLIM PLM software is designed to manage complex product configurations, and provide the platform to control, collaborate, and communicate product information, so you can develop, produce, and support world-class products.
Advantages of PLM to Manufacturers
- Fast, accurate and easy integration into existing systems
- Easy access to Bill of Materials
- Efficient use of online approvals and workflows to control revisions and engineering changes
- Reduced number of errors and redundancies with virtual testing
- Easy and automated change process to connect key stakeholders to actionable information
- Faster go-to-market
- Upto 70% reduction in costs
Manufacturers are increasingly recognizing the benefits of PROLIM PLM to manage their product development process right from design to deployment stage. They are recognizing the need to view the operational, technical, strategic, and management layer of their business as a whole. PROLIM’s suite of services centered on PLM address challenges of customer-driven and highly digitized markets.