CAD Data Management is a key component of product design and supports a wide range of downstream processes including virtual prototyping, work instructions, and technical publications. Managing CAD data through enterprise processes provides a huge advantage for the business and is often a top priority of PLM initiatives.
Integration with PDM/PLM makes it available across the enterprise as well as supply chain partners and fully integrates it with part and BOM structures.
- Connectors available for all popular MCAD and ECAD tools.
- Single integrated environment for managing multi-disciplinary, multi-tool CAD data.
- CAD file lifecycle status management, versioning and user access control.
- Part and BOM items extracted and synchronized with PDM/PLM.
- CAD and documents automatically linked to corresponding parts.
- Viewable automatically created for Visual Collaboration.
- Reduces unnecessary Errors and Delays in process – A single system integrated with enterprise processes for all engineering data Supports global product development and supply chain collaboration strategies
- Increases control over critical intellectual property by applying user authentication and access management
- Increases engineering efficiencies ability by including CAD data in all PLM processes.