Data loading is the process of loading the transformed data into the target system. The target system can be a data warehouse, PLM system, ERP or any other system. With data being critical to business, you need to ensure that loading and reconciliation are completed, consistency is maintained and that the necessary libraries, applications, and software are properly installed.
- Ensure integration issues are dealt with while loading data
- Update extracted data on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Add new data at regular intervals, maybe hourly
- Replace or Append historical data depending on the time available and thebusiness needs
- Maintain a history andaudit trail of all changes to the data loaded in the target system