Solid Edge helps you overcome electromechanical design challenges with a dedicated solution for electrical design—enabling true co-design collaboration across electrical and mechanical domains. Based on industry-leading technology from Mentor Graphics, a Siemens business, our electrical design products are trusted and proven around the world.
Solid Edge solutions for electrical design allow you to:
- Design and simulate electrical systems, from simple electrical circuits to complex wire harnesses
- Route wiring and place components in 3D assembly models
- Analyze your models to calculate the correct wire lengths and wire harness designs
- Use virtual simulation to ensure circuitry performs per specification, without waiting for physical prototypes
- Interactively collaborate between ECAD and MCAD domains, even in disperse locations
- Visualize electrical aspects of your design in a 3D environment
- Fully integrate PCB layout and mechanical design environments
- Access robust libraries and parts repositories
Solid Edge Wiring Design
A schematic diagramming application, featuring unique integrated electrical analysis and simulation; allows design teams to overcome electromechanical design challenges earlier in the design cycle.
Solid Edge Harness Design
A wire harness design and layout tool that includes the creation of full-scaled, manufacturing-ready drawings, an automated bill of materials, and reports.
Solid Edge Electrical Routing
A dedicated, process-driven environment for the efficient creation, routing and organization of wires, cables and bundles in a Solid Edge assembly.
Solid Edge PCB Design
Schematic capture and PCB layout tools that simplify the complex task of printed circuit board design. Includes sketch routing, hierarchical 2D/3D planning and placement, and ECAD/MCAD collaboration.