Solid Edge ST8 software delivers a uniquely powerful and accessible 3D design portfolio coupled with an amazing experience allowing you freedom to design without boundaries
Solid Edge ST8 delivers innovative and intuitive 3D modeling capabilities that allow you to focus on your design processes, not the software. With the best multi-CAD support in the industry, you have the ability to reuse design data regardless of how it was created. Some key capabilities include:
- Improvements to synchronous modeling usability, complex sketching and 3D feature recognition
- Advancements in electrical routing supported by PMI persistence, intelligent wire path definition and accessible nailboard drawings.
- Visual comparison of drawing versions helps you to quickly determine the impact of changes
- Run full Solid Edge design sessions anytime, anywhere on the lightweight, highly portable Microsoft® Surface™ Pro 3
- Improved capabilities for design management enables users to understand all the data involved in complex design projects, and complete engineering changes faster
“Our company uses three different CAD systems across multiple locations, so reuse of 3D data from these formats is vital. Synchronous technology within Solid Edge greatly facilitates use and modification of this imported data while avoiding lengthy and costly redesign.”
This release of Solid Edge has been certified to run on the following:
- Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, or Professional (64-bit only) with Service Pack 1
- Windows 8 or 8.1 Pro or Enterprise (64-bit only)
- Windows 8 (home) and Windows 8 RT are not supported
- Internet Explorer 10 or 11 (IE 8 meets minimum requirements)
Note: Solid Edge ST8 is 64-bit only. Solid Edge ST6 was the last release of 32-bit Solid Edge.
Solid Edge stops certifying new releases against an operating system shortly after Microsoft drops mainstream support for it.
Solid Edge ST8 will not install on Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista or Windows XP. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Windows 7 in January 2015, however Solid Edge ST8 continues to support Windows 7.
Note: Solid Edge ST9 will be the last Solid Edge release to support Windows 7.
Windows 10 is scheduled to release in late 2015 after Solid Edge ST8 is released. We will test ST8 on Windows 10 and plan to announce support of Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 in ST9 and in an ST8 Maintenance Pack after testing is completed and any critical issues are resolved. Solid Edge will not support the new Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge (codenamed Spartan).
Hardware System Requirements
Recommended system configuration
- 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 operating system
- 8 GB RAM or more
- True Color (32-bit) or 16 million colors (24-bit)
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher, widescreen format
Minimum system configuration
- Any of the above 64-bit operating systems
- 2 GB RAM or more
- 65K colors
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher
- 4.0 GB of disk space is required to install Solid Edge