This webinar will cover an in-depth overview of Siemens new portfolio product, Solid Edge Electrical Design “Panel Layout Design”, also referred to as “Electrical control panel design”, presented by Aaron Creech. The correct assembly and wiring of electrical equipment including the control panels, is essential, and are driven from schematic diagrams, that show the routing of the electrical equipment, and terminal plans that show how the control panel equipment is assembled and wired.
We will be exploring the following topics;
- What is an industrial control panel layout?
- Creating a new panel layout design
- Populating & synchronizing previously designed 2D schematics with the new panel layout design
- Populating the BOM of panel components & wires
- Outputting Terminal Plans, used for terminal strips.
- Sharing the ECAD (Panel layout) to MCAD (Mechanical assembly)
Aaron has over 20 years of experience in the design engineering field, including work in the Mechanical, Environmental, Architectural & Automotive industries.
Aaron’s design experience has ranged from concept design, product development all the way through to production procurement (including MFG processing and refinement). Extensive experience using various 3D design packages