Solid Edge Sheet Metal addresses the unique challenges of working with sheet metal parts. When cutouts or holes lie across a bend, a traditional cutout command would result in non-perpendicular faces. In contrast, the Solid Edge normal cutout command helps you create accurate perpendicular faces, reflecting the fact that the feature would likely be manufactured while flat, and then folded.
Who Should Attend?
- Design Engineers
- Design Managers
- Design Heads
Post the session, the participants will be able to:
- Learn to set parameters for sheet metal, such as bend radius and material thickness.
- Place and manipulate flanges and bends.
- Specify sheet metal treatments and corner parameters.
- Place holes, cutouts, dimples, louvers, beads, gussets.
- Learn to modify geometry using Design Intent relationships for synchronous design.
- Prepare the sheet metal geometry for downstream manufacturing processes such as creating a flat pattern.
He is an experienced engineer in various Job roles in the Engineering Industries. He comes with good Solid Edge experience. Apart from Solid Edge experience he also has experience in production, quality & tooling process CAD/CAM tools and has a very good understanding of the various process in manufacturing.