In this Teamcenter tutorial, you’ll discover how to leverage NX for use with Multi-CAD data.
Using Teamcenter for Multi-CAD Management
Teamcenter provides a single source for all CAD data—whether you’re working with just a single CAD or if you have multiple CAD programs. It’s especially useful if your company has recently switched CAD programs, and you need to still use models or parts from your previous CAD.
Teamcenter offers support and functionality for the following CAD programs:
- Solid Edge
Teamcenter is an adaptable product lifecycle management (PLM) system that connects people and processes across locations and departments.
Look at five specific advantages Teamcenter can provide when you’re working with multiple CAD tools:
- Part Reuse: Designers can easily locate a part or assembly, which means it’s easier to continually reuse designed parts. This also ensures they’re working with the latest design.
- Native CAD: Once a part or assembly is located, data can be opened and edited using the native CAD tool.
- After you’ve finished your edit, that particular part is saved in Teamcenter, with configured version and revision rules.
- Bill of Materials (BOM): Browse through components to load into the assembly, or only the ones you’re interested in.
- Unified CAD Systems: Teamcenter will help you visualize your assembly from multiple CAD systems, regardless of the source, creating one unified assembly.
- Collaboration: Products can be viewed, interrogated and marked up by participants across the product lifecycle—and you don’t have to be a CAD designer to use it!
- There’s robust digital markup and validation capabilities to prepare your product for the next stage.
We release a video tutorial every Thursday. Is there a specific functionality in NX CAD, NX CAM, Solid Edge or Teamcenter that you’d like to see? Send us a Tweet at @prolimglobal or leave a comment below.