What’s New in RapidAuthor 13 and Connector 7
The right authoring tools will help you generate quality content for your products, lower costs of documentation development and technical support, and improve customer satisfaction. Read on to learn what’s new in RapidAuthor 13 and Connector 7.
RapidAuthor for Teamcenter provides a powerful set of tools for creating a wide range of technical documentation, including parts catalogs, maintenance manuals, and training courses among others. It allows you to reuse existing CAD and PLM data in your technical publications, quickly and easily. You can author once and then publish created content as PDF or interactive 3D/2D HTML documentation. You also can reuse the publication in Augmented Reality applications.
- S1000D authoring: support for S1000D 5.0 and the Publication Module.
- Integration with Teamcenter Active Workspace, including support for the creation of RapidAuthor projects; import of engineering data into projects; and project updates.
- Distribution of the multimedia package of a DITA-compliant RapidAuthor project to Teamcenter CMS.
- A new Viewpoints window simplifies the management of project viewpoints.
- Coaxial alignment of objects using the new cylindrical surfaces detection feature of the 3D manipulator.
- 2D editing has new features for creating projections, and improvements in creating and editing polygons, circles and ellipses.
- Support for additional CAD formats: SolidWorks 2020, CATIA 5-6 R2019 (R29), Parasolid 32.0, NX 1899, Revit 2020.
- Import of textures and texture coordinates from SolidWorks, Autodesk and several other CAD formats.
- Significant performance and user interface improvements
For more information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.prolim.com