With the 2021.1 release of Simcenter system simulation solutions, Siemens Digital Industries Software continues to support your innovations. With this update, our system simulation tools help you perform your simulation tasks more efficiently, with tighter collaboration and integration, while lowering complexity barriers.
What’s new in Simcenter system simulation solutions 2021.1
- Electrical systems: Power electronics thermal modeling, two-speed electrical vehicle gearbox parameters optimization, torque vectoring design from a vehicle dynamics point of view, fuel cell voltage stack quasi-static models, electrified gear pump
- New Simcenter Amesim ROM Builder for creating Reduced Order Models (ROM), offering new capabilities like ROM for static samples, time series or state-space models
- Aerospace: Two new propeller performance tools, geometry-based propeller performance map generator, propeller map scaling tool
- Marine: 3 degrees of freedom ship model including water, wind and wave resistance
- Fluid: Component Design configuration tool for hydraulic & thermal-hydraulic assembly, embedded CFD cabin extensions
- Mechanics: Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) real time model for virtual commissioning with PLCSIM advanced, automatic creation of 3D mechanical models from Siemens PLM XML files
Vehicle electrification creates new challenges also beyond pure electric design. Simcenter Amesim 2021.1 comes with various new capabilities for vehicle electrification such as power electronics thermal modeling, two-speed electrical vehicle gearbox parameter optimization or torque vectoring design from a vehicle dynamics point of view. These new features help drive systems integration with key electric vehicle attributes.
This version also brings the new Simcenter ROM Builder software for creating Reduced Order Models (ROM). This tool helps creating easily reduced order models that can later speed up simulation or generate models for real-time and control synthesis.
In emerging Urban and advanced Air Mobility applications, getting flight dynamic model at early design stages can be a challenge. Simcenter Amesim 2021.1 offers two new propeller performance tools allowing a faster and earlier assessment of flight performance to support development of propulsion systems for innovative flying platform designs.
For marine, new submodels now have 3 degrees a freedom: surge, sway and yaw. This feature allows you to simulate the dynamic behavior of a ship during maneuvers or dynamic positioning, to computes the added resistance from the weather conditions and to simulates azimuth thrusters.
The Component Design Configuration tool of the fluid libraries has been improved to display full HCD assembly by detecting all connected components. Combined graphs are shown for all compatible components in the assembly, allowing to study the complete HCD assembly in a single window, to easily check the synchronization of spool elements in your valve and detect parameterization errors faster. To improve simulation accuracy, the new embedded CFD cabin extension include internal radiation to assess design changes using batch run and see the results in both 3D and 1D directly
You can then define your own strategy for air recirculation in the cabin.
Finally, new Automated Guided (AGV) demos help you study the stability of chassis with unstable load or high velocity and to switch easily from one scenario to another, whereas the new CAD Import gives you the possibility to generate complex 3D multi-body definitions within Simcenter Amesim and to preview and verify 3D model definition in CAD Import project before generating system model.
- Export of the simulation model as a cross platform portable FMU with embedded solver to be used as an executable digital twin
- Automatic creation of simulation models from COMOS P&ID and NX P&ID Designer files
- New pipe model using particle tracking methods that enables modelling of complex processes such as priming, de-priming, batching, purging and cleaning of piping systems
Simcenter Flomaster 2021.1 offers new capabilities to ensure digital continuity and to model complex physics.
Users can now export the fluid system model as a cross-platform portable FMU to be run in larger integration platforms without the need to install Simcenter Flomaster or as an executable digital twin for real time monitoring of plant operation. This means that failures, unscheduled plant shutdowns and process upset can be detected earlier and suitable remedial actions can be taken to avoid accident and to keep operational costs under control. It also allows an easier integration of different subsystems, and different engineering teams can collaborate more efficiently.
In addition, the comprehensive solution for importing Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) from COMOS and NX drastically reduces model setup time and ensures digital continuity throughout the lifecycle of the asset. This means that the data and connectivity built in the engineering phase of P&ID diagrams can be reused in simulation, maximizing efficiency and ensuring data continuity across platforms.
Finally, a new pipe model that uses particle tracking methods enables engineers to accurately model complex processes such as priming, de-priming, batching, purging and cleaning of piping systems with both Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids. This model enables modelling of sharp temperature or concentration front without numerical diffusion that can lead to poor accuracy.
- Execute optimization loops within a multi-criteria analysis workflow to obtain the best result of a multi-criteria analysis over several technical definitions
Simcenter System Analyst 2021.1 is reinforced with the capability to execute optimization loops within a multi-criteria analysis workflow. A typical application of such capability is to perform a fuel consumption/performance optimization before evaluating drivability criteria and obtain the best result of a multi-criteria analysis over several technical definitions.
- Automated creation of a simulation architecture from a SysML representation to reinforce the interoperability between system engineering and system simulation
- Moveable panels for an enhanced user experience
- Clustering for better co-simulation
- Import SSP models to create a simulation architecture
Simcenter System Architect 2021.1 automates the creation of a simulation architecture from a SysML representation. This reinforces the interoperability between systems engineering and system simulation.
- Significant enhancements for better usability such as units management, results comparison or parameter layout customization.
Finally, Simcenter Webapp Server 2021.1 comes with significant enhancements for better usability such as units management, results comparison and parameter layout customization. Simcenter Flomaster models are now supported thanks to the cross-platform portable FMU capability.
We will soon unveil a new product, Simcenter Studio. Stay tuned to discover this new tool allowing system engineers to make faster, better architecture design decisions without missing unexplored opportunities, using AI-based methods.