Unified ALM-PLM takes the best from existing hardware and software management and integrates them into a powerful set of processes and tools to maximize R&D efficiency and effectiveness. Growing cost pressure is forcing manufacturers and their suppliers to jointly and consistently master product development. In order to improve the return on R&D investments, high-tech companies need to bring together their processes and tools for managing both software and hardware development.
Challenges of ALM-PLM integration
Managing product development is more challenging today given that differentiating products include innovations in both hardware and software. Many different product models from different manufacturers share the same component with some variant, so that the change and variant management become extremely complex. For manufacturers, disconnects between ALM and PLM will result in
- Increase the risk of rework
- Delays and product quality & safety defects
- Delay cross-domain innovation
- Lack of traceability results in delays in gathering information
- Slowing development process
- Lack of collaboration and sharing of knowledge can result in duplicated work
How PROLIM PLM Software is Addressing the Challenge
PROLIM with Siemens PLM on multiple PLM-ALM use cases that span requirements interoperability, closed-loop embedded software development, integrated change composition and continuous integration of software deliveries. The combined company will deliver even greater value, benefits, and capabilities for our customers. PROLIM enables product development organizations to have a single, cohesive product ecosystem, with multi-directional linking of ALM and PLM data and processes.
Advantages of ALM–PLM integration with PROLIM
PLM with PROLIM can be combined with an existing ALM environment, creating a complete system view of multidisciplinary products fully integrated into enterprise processes including BOM and change management while source code is managed in the ALM system.
- Generates a full system view improving cross-discipline synchronization
- Reducing potential errors
- Reducing Delays and costs
- Avoids unnecessary cost and risk
- Maintains productivity by allowing software developers to continue working in their familiar ALM environment
- Incorporates software deliverables into system/enterprise product structures and change processes
- Spreads enterprise processes and capabilities including engineering BOM management, enterprise change and integrated project management to ALM users
PLM and ALM integration is now happening faster at the process level with a closed-loop approach to systems engineering. ALM enables manufacturers to continuously integrate, verify and validate this growing software content. The integration of software and product development processes will allow us to achieve a much better use of our tools and resources and help our teams bring innovative products to market at a much faster pace. So what’s your opinion on Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and PLM Integrations it ending a long run Argument?