Wire harnesses are vital components within modern transportation platforms such as aircraft and automobiles because they distribute power and signals between the various devices that deliver electrical and electronic functionality. They are also costly—the wire harness set of a modern automobile is typically the most expensive item after the powertrain. For this reason, harness manufacturers are under relentless pressure to reduce costs.
Wire Harness Manufacturing Process Management
- Manufacturing cost reductions by systematically modeling harness designs against production capabilities.
- Error correction and validation time reductions by avoiding data re-keying.
- Avoidance of crises by early identification of resource needs such as new tooling.
- Reduced staff training costs via systematic capture and application of IP.
- Improved corporate visibility.